Friday, September 14, 2012

Tell me something good

I'm in need of a little positive today so I decided to link up with Jennifer at Rowdy in First for her Tell Me Something Good linky!






My Something Good From School: My students are really doing well with the Whole Brain Teaching techniques I've been using.  They LOVE when they get a smiley face, and I always here a "Uhhh" when they get a frowny face.  It's amazing how quickly their little head turn towards me when I say "Class!"  We are also doing really well on Read to Self.....up to 20 minutes.  I even had time to visit with 5 people in each of my three classes about what they are reading.  We introduced Word Work yesterday and today we are doing a super D-duper fun writing project....more on that tomorrow!

My Something Good From Home: My daughter has her first night of dance for the season tonight and a volleyball game on Sunday! I absolutely love watching my kiddos participate in their favorite sports.  I can hardly wait until basketball season!!

8 comments:

  1. It's great when they can read for 20 mins.

    Looking forward to checking out your blog more. :o)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah and welcome! Hope you find something you can use on my little ol' blog.

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. I love using WBT as well! It is a great feeling to hear them respond to you in such a positive way!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I've done lots of reading about WBT this summer and was a little skeptical that I could incorporate it adequately, but I've just been thrilled with the results!

      Lisa

      Delete
  3. Isn't it such a great feeling when your new kiddos get the routines and are able to be independent? It is a sign of hard work paying off. Congrats!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime, you are soooo right about the satisfaction of routines finally becoming independent! It's a huge relief when they finally start to get it! Welcome to my little ol' blog...thrilled to have you!

      Lisa

      Delete
  4. 20 minutes for Read to Self?!?! That's AWESOME!!! I wish I had the time in the day to do 20 minute rotations...

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 20 minutes! That's the dream for me! I'm going to tell my firsties that it's our new goal! So happy you linked up!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!