Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's only Wednesday???

Man oh man is this week taking  forever!  I am so in need of a weekend I can't even tell you.  Due to my consignment sale last week I haven't slept past 5:30 a.m. since September 16th....I'm so tired I can't even think straight.  I woke up this morning all happy and smiling because it was Thursday only to realize a second later that it's only Wednesday. 


I had planned to get all caught up in my classroom this week (since I had to be at my other job from 4:30-9:00 every night last week, had a sub Friday and worked at my other job all weekend), but wouldn't you know my sweet girlie was sick :(  I ended up getting a half day sub on Monday and spent the afternoon with her.  That didn't actually turn out so bad.....I spent 4 HOURS grading....honestly!  I am thankful to be all caught up on my grades, but other things in my room are not so pretty.


I have not entered a single grade this year in our online system.  It was down until this week and I've been too busy this week to get to it.  We are a full week behind on a leaf writing project I started.....why do lesson always take far longer than I plan for???  My house is disgusting!  The dog needs a bath.  I really want to put my fall decor out and clean up the flower beds in my yard before the first freeze. My son has a test coming up that I promised him I'd help study for.  I need to find time to go to the vet to refill the dogs heartworm medicine.  My son desperately needs some new shirts,and my help studying for an upcoming Sociology test. I have no lesson plans for next week, and I have at least 3 students that I need to follow up on with special education.....any ideas how I can add a few more hours to each day so I can get this all done?????


On  a happy note, I received an email today from Aimee at Primarily Speaking.....I won 3 things from her  TPT store.  I chose the Fall and Winter Themed Literacy Centers



and the Possessive Noun Sort.


I've got a few who are REALLY struggling with 4th grade curriculum and these center activities are going to be a HUGE help to me.  Can't wait to get them all ready to go and use them!

I am making a promise to take pictures of our finished leaf projects today and to post about them tomorrow.  I'm also making a promise to myself to enjoy this weekend and not freak out about all the stuff I need to do.  I'm only one person with a ton of responsibilities and I know in my heart I'm doing the very best I can.

Happy Hump Day All :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!