Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Currently

I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for the 3 day weekend we had!!  I really needed a little time to catch up at home and at school.  It's the third week of school and I finally feel like I'm ready to take on the this year!  To celebrate I'm hooking up the fabulous Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her September Currently!


A little more about my favs:

1. If you know me you know that I MUST start my mornings off with a big ol' honkin' cup of coffee.  My Dad once said I really drink creamer with a little coffee....he may have a point there!  I love my  Coffee Mate Fat Free Vanilla Creamer.....it's not pretty if I have to start the morning off without either one!

2. Most of the teachers in our building received iPads last year, and I'm in love with that thing.  I use it daily for the weather and to play some Disney songs I downloaded over the summer.  I start the song when the kiddos arrive and they have until the song is over to get unpacked, put their snack in their desk, and get to working on their morning work. I can't tell you how amazingly well this method has worked so far, not to mention the fact that they are humming and singing and bouncing along while they unpack :)  I am really looking forward to incorporating my iPad more during my reading lessons in the next couple of weeks!

3. Yes, I love my son's new car.  I love it for completely selfish reasons like: he picks up his sister from school which means I can  stay and work until 5 without interruptions, he can drive himself to open gym and bring himself home at 10 pm, he can run out on a whim and buy the ingredients to make apple and grape pie....yep, that's what he did last night!  The pie was amazing, and that new car is coming in pretty handy for all of us!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the coffee comments you get!! That is pretty much identical to how I take my coffee! :). I just found you and am now following! I would love it if you stop by sometime!
    Lisen
    www.wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisen, I'm thrilled to have you as a new follower! Your blog is adorable and you classroom looks terrific!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot live without my coffee creamer! And I wish I had someone to bake me a pie...YUM!

    Stopping by from the linky!

    Elyse @ My Life with a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elyse,
      Thanks for stopping by and happy coffee drinking!

      Lisa

      Delete

Thanks for your comment!