Friday, September 7, 2012

10 things I learned

Just realized I have been so busy the past two weeks that I haven't taken the time to reflect on what I've learned.  We can't have that so here goes...

10. September is just not the right month for 100 degree days....I sure hope we are done with those until next summer! I'm ready for more days like this....


9. It's never to early in the school year for a sick day. 
Sis and I just finished our 3rd week of school and she left today at lunch with a tummy ache.  Thankfully her Dad was able to pick her up and take her home so she could rest....I sure hope this is not a sign for how the rest of the school year will be!


Here she is on the sofa with Dad :(

8. A thank you email from a former student's parents can make your whole entire week!
It's amazing what a thank you can do for someones spirit....I must remember to give out LOTS more of them!!

7. A Friday night curled up on the sofa with your favorite little girl can be the best way to end the week!
It's especially nice when she turns to you and says, "I love nights when we don't have to do anything and get to just do whatever we want."  Still smiling just thinking about the simple joy in her voice  when she said it!

6.  A little apple, a little grapes, some cinnamon, sugar, butter and a pie crust make the most amazing dessert!
It's even better when your son drives to the store, buys the supplies, makes it himself, cleans up his mess, and serves it to you!!!

The picture isn't pretty, but the pie was DE-LISH!

5. 30 boys between the ages of 15 and 18 left alone in a gym to play basketball without any adult supervision just might not make the best choices....not gonna say anymore on that one, just know I'm not all that comfortable with Open Gym anymore!

4. A little basset hound locked up all week while everyone is at school requires A TON of attention and play time on Friday night.....p.s. he can also be very demanding and a little annoying about it!

3. Three day weekends just might be the most amazing thing every created!
As my teaching partner and I realized...a three day weekend leaves a day for getting your house from nasty to livable, a day for lesson plan, and a whole entire day for fun! I sure wish this weekend was another long one.

2. A short work week can feel like the looooongest week in history!!
How is it that there were only 4 days in this work week, and yet I feel like I've been working for a month.   Holy exhaustion Batman, this week truly kicked my tush!

1. A leaky water fountain over a tile floor makes for a VERY slippery surface!
It's also the perfect place to fall and sprain your ankle.....definitely not my favorite part of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!