Sunday, May 6, 2012

Marjory the Trash Heap was in town

The problem with not blogging for more than a week is that when you finally do, you are consumed with the desire to make it amazing.  I mean, it's been a week, shouldn't I have something super, duper, triple scooper astounding, gold star worthy, to write about?  Not the case here.  The reason for my week long departure from the blogging world is......life!  That's right peeps, it completely and totally took over the past two weeks.  I truly could not find one second to collect my thoughts into a rational or sane blog post.


With the 14 hour work days during sale week, and the duties of being a mom when I got home, my brain was simply mush. This past week was full of teaching, additional dance practices, dress rehearsal, dance recital, basketball training, buying groceries, running errands (that didn't get done when I was working long days),  cleaning, and trying to make some sense of the disaster are that my home had become while I was away.



We survived though.....we made it through the two hardest weeks this year has dealt us so far.  I certainly wish I could say we sailed through them without a hitch, that we crossed the finish line with our heads held high, but that is not the case.  By the middle of last week my attitude had become plain ol' ugly!  It was like I was looking at myself from the outside and seeing this nasty monster.  I would make horrible comments, and fill my head with the most negative thoughts, and well.....I resembled Marjory the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock....remember her!  I tried to stop the thoughts and things I said as I recognized them, but for the life of me I just couldn't find my happy.  It wasn't until yesterday that happiness finally decided to show up.



I may have been a miserable mess to live with this past week, but one positive thing did come out of it, I was able to recognize and try to correct my poor attitude.  That is something I have not always been able to do.  I could roll down the window on the drive home for lunch and force myself to be in the moment and enjoy the air and the music.  I would've completely disregarded this in the past.  So while I was not at my best, it's nice to see that I've made progress in my happiness journey!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Lisa! I'm so impressed with this journey you've embarked upon. We all get stressed and down in the dumps and negative and nasty sometimes...but not all of us are able to acknowledge it and work so hard to try to remedy it. You're doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!