Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sweet Moments

I've been lucky to have the opportunity to have an intimate conversation with both of my children in the last week!  When my kiddos were tiny I dreamed of days when they would ask my opinion, seek my advice, or just need me to listen.  It's never been as lovely as I pictured in my head, but there have been a few treasured moments.  This week held two.


I won't share any details since the conversations were private and personal to my little peeps, but I will say that last week Jacob had a teenage.  I was blown away when he asked my opinion on what he should do about it.  I was thrilled, and excited that he felt comfortable enough to ask me, but I was also terrified that I would say the wrong thing.  I think I said the right things....I think I helped....and I hope, with all my heart, that my reaction was exactly what he was looking for and that he feels like he can come to me again whenever he needs me!

(This feels like yesterday....where did the time go?)

Last night Katie was having some friend issues.  As all women know....being a girl is hard!  How is it that my precious little 11 year old already carries the guilt of making her friends happy.  She was a confused and mixed up mess.....after lots of tears by her, some heart felt words from me, some talking through the situation and figuring out the real problem, and a few really great hugs.....we worked it all out!  A lemon bar and some braiding of wet hair just before bed sealed the deal that all was well again in my sweet babies life.  I will cherish every moment that her and I have sitting on her bed talking things out.  I have a feeling with her tender heart we will have many more opportunities to talk about the importance of Katie, and how loving your friends is great, but loving yourself is far more important!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!