Saturday, July 14, 2012

10 things I learned this week....part 3

I'm amazed at how easy it is to come up with 10 new things each week.  I learn tons of stuff every single day....the trick is to take the time to recognize that I've learned something and apply it!

10. I was given the Liebster award!  Thanks Steph at The Quirky Apple (I just love her blog!!!).

The Liebster award is for blogs with less than 200 followers who need to get the attention they deserve--the rules are as follows:
1. Copy and paste the award onto your blog
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers and let them know by commenting on their blogs.

And the lucky winners are....
1. Tales from Second
2. Shimmer Sparkle Sarah
3. Fifth Grade Fancy
4. Fun is Found in Fourth
5. When I Grow Up

 9. I can survive a hard fall!
Even if that fall required bouncing about 2 feet off a tube, rotating in the air and landing on my back in the water at high speeds.....tubing is so much fun!!!

8. My daughter can sucker me into buying her anything!
I like to pretend that I'm pretty strict and have the will power to say "no", but let's face it.....it's all an act.  It's because of this weakness that Katie was able to acquire a pair of these....
 
 and this on our trip to Grand Lake.


7. My son LOVES fishing!
I always knew he liked it, but I really had no idea how much.  He loves it so much that he was up before 7:30 a.m. with his rod and reel down at the dock fishing his little heart out every morning of our trip.


6. Charlie would like to move to the lake!
He had the best time sniffing out all the new scents, wading around in the lake, and eating duck poo (gross!).


5. Round Up is a girls best friend.....kinda like diamonds!
I have invested more in Round Up in the past two years than I have on food....okay, that might be an exaggeration, but truly, I buy ALOT of that stuff.  I just love wielding that little weed killing pistol and destroying those nasty little guys with one tug on the trigger.....ahhh, the power high an afternoon of weed destruction can give!

4. Having a second driver on vacation is a dream!
It's been 9 years of being the solo driver in the my house.  I've driven to GA twice, to CO countless times, OK once, and tons of other small trips to various sites in KS, and I've done it all by myself.  Jacob is finally old enough to drive, and I had forgotten just how nice it is to have someone to help with the driving on a long trip!  Looking forward to many more hours in the passenger seat!!!

3. I want to get back into Yoga!
I met a woman on vacation that was much older than I am, but she was in the most amazing shape....her secret....Yoga.  She does it daily and travels on the weekends to do some extreme Yoga.  Being around her you just got a sense of calm and peacefulness.  I want more of that.  I've committed to finding some Yoga discs I can use, and using them at least 3 times a week.  I'm eager to see what kind of difference it makes in my stress level this school year.  It's the first thing written on the to-do list I made (the after-vacation-to-do list :)


2. Making time for friends, no matter how busy you are, is good for the soul!
Nuff said!

1. There is a secret, unwritten rule among veterinarians that no matter what a customer comes in for, they cannot leave until their bill reaches at least $100.
Seriously people....what is up with that?!?!  No matter what I take the dog to the vet for it ALWAYS ends up costing $100!  Yesterday a $20 booster vaccination ended in a $138 bill.....guess I can say good bye to the fabulous Erin Condren lesson planner I was going to buy [insert tears].



1 comment:

  1. Hey there!!

    I was wondering if you could help me out! I am having a discussion about your TOP 5 favorite books for middle schoolers! Come join me!

    Mrs. Crouse @ {6th Grade} All-Stars

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!