Saturday, July 7, 2012

10 things I learned this week......part 2!

I had so much fun coming up with 10 things last week that I thought I would give it another try this week. It's a great way to end the week and really reflect on how my family lived it's life in the past 7 days......so here goes!



10. Sadly, I've only read 5 books this summer.

I typically read double that many books during my summer vacation.  I think I owe my decrease in reading to my Pinterest addiction, my new love for blogging, and the fun hours I've spent crafting.  I'm a little disappointed that I haven't completed the reading I had intended this summer, but I don't regret a single second.....well, maybe a few of the seconds I spent on Pinterest!


9. I really LOVE blogging!

I truly love it!  It's not because people read my blog and like it (don't get me wrong, that gratification is amazing), it's just a chance to write.  I can always remember having a little nagging desire to write, ever since I was a kid, but I've never really acknowledge that nagging.  Blogging sorta gives me a chance to do that, and it's been amazing for my soul!

8. Jacob found his love for basketball again.

Okay, he never lost it, but his desire to play this summer as really been low.  He has drug his feet about attending every training session, open gym session, and camp day.  It's been a real battle to get him going.  This week he was able to work out with the Varsity team and got lots of compliments (which makes everything more fun).  The way he talked about those days in the gym were the same way he talked about basketball during the season.....too bad basketball is done for the summer.....better late than never though, right!?!?


7. Charlie sleeps for about 20 hours a day!

I knew he slept alot, but never really paid that much attention to it.  I started thinking about it the other evening when he curled up on the sofa next to me for another nap and realized......dang, that dog can sleep!  He is a true Basset Hound.....sleep, drool, bark, stuborness, and all!

6. I like running!

I ran Cross Country in high school and loved it.  After high school.....it all stopped.  I was lucky enough to pick up running again about 5 years ago and was so thankful to have it back in my life.....unfortunatley, I only kept up with it for about a year.  About 3 weeks ago I decided to start running again, and it's been smooth sailing....well, if consider a bumpy gravel road at 70 mph smooth.....but I'm liking it!  I'm looking forward to it, and I'm even thinking about continuing while we are on vacation.  I sure hope this time it lasts more than a year! P.S......I am in love with these shoes!


5. I hate change and am no good at it!

I've always sort of known this about myself, but I realized this week that the older I get, the less change I like to endure.  I like a schedule, I like sticking to what I know, I like the steady hum of a regular ol' day in the life of Lisa......that love doesn't exactly make for a life of adventure.  I really have to force myself to step out of my comfort zone.....and by "force" I mean sometimes it takes a stack of explosives, and a crow bar to get me going.  This is something I know I need to work on, but it's hard!!

4. Crafting makes me happy!

I refinished this little step stool this week and it's sunshiney color just makes me happy.  I love creating.....it gives me a boost every time I make something new!



Wish I had a before picture.  #3 addresses that issue!



3. I have adult ADD!

Wow, is my mind a crazy place to live.  It goes about a million miles per hour and doesn't stop!  Sometimes just getting the house cleaned is a chore.  I start something, move to something else, remember I had a project in the works, go back to it, skip to something else......it takes forever to get things done!  The reason I have no before photo of the step stool is because my warp speed mind gets so excited about a project that it takes over and skips to step two before step one has even started!


2.  I learned some things about my baby girl this week and I was slapped in the face with just how fast she's growing up!

 I am SO not ready for this.  I look at her face and wonder where my sweet little Katie girl went.  We had a nice long talk over some nail painting yesterday (she needed a fabulous new manicure for our vacation:) and I learned a few things about her that I didn't know.  How are these things possible, when did she turn this corner, how can she possibly be old enough for all of this????  I'm so thankful that she still wants to hang out with me and talk.....I never really knew how hard growing up was gonna be on me!!!




1.  I'm thrilled to be going off the grid for 5 days!!

That's right, Katie and I decided to go electronics free during this vacation!  No blogging, no Pinterest, no email, no iPad....nothing!  I am taking my phone on vacation, and will be available if people need to call or text, but that's it.  When we first got the idea, I thought it would be hard, but I'm actually excited about taking a little break from Cyberland!!  As of tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. we are going off the grid......well, except for Jacob.....there's no way a teenager is going to go without checking his Twitter account for 5 whole days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!