Sunday, October 7, 2012

What are you doing for Fire Prevention Week?

I'm not actually doing anything until next week, but am wondering what others have in mind.  At 4th grade we pretty much have the fire safety rules down, and have done the fireman visit a few times so I'm looking for new ideas.


Here is one that I thought about using last year but never got around to......Laura Candler rocks!


I found these two little worksheets on Pinterest and thought they might make nice activities for early finishers next week.



I thought this might make  a nice homework assignment to get everyone thinking about their fire safety plan,


I also picked up a free packet from NFPA and thought I might adapt it.


Our reading series has a short nonfiction piece called Flame Busters about fireman and the fire academy. I borrowed a few short articles from a colleague that might make great activities for Read to Someone during Daily 5.  What else am I forgetting....what are you doing?????

1 comment:

  1. Fire safety month is one of the best motivational period. October is celebrated as fire safety month every year now. The major advantage of fire safety month is it aware peoples from major issue and some tricks to escape from critical situations.

    Las Vegas Fire Extinguisher Sales

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!