Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's official....I've decided to add another helping to my plate!

I decided to start my Masters Degree this fall....that's if I can get admitted.  The deadline for submitting applications for the fall semester was March 1st, but I've been told I can still get in, so I'm gonna give it a try!  I filled out all the financial aid paperwork yesterday, and am waiting on a couple of recommendation letters.  I should have those by Monday and then I can submit my application (and $40 fee....KSU will find anyway to charge you a fee :)


I'm super duper excited and completely terrified about the time commitment I am about to embark on.  Our lives are so absolutely crazy, busy during the school year that I am having a hard time envisioning how I will get it all done....but I will, some how it always works out.  I am hoping to take as many classes as possible online to avoid finding time to sit in classes on campus. It's good to know that life is never dull!!!


So I haven't been doing any crafting over this past week....other than my Teacher Tuesday project, but I have been cooking up a storm!  On Monday night I made Avocado Orzo with Garlicky Grilled Shrimp


It was so delicious that I plan to make it again this summer.  I didn't butterfly my shrimp.  I took the shells off, marinated them, put them on scewers and grilled them that way.  I was the only one home Monday night so there was enough left over for dinner with the kids on Tuesday night.  They loved it too....definite repeat!

Last night we made Chicken Spaghetti.


It was so super duper easy!  I grilled chicken breasts to add to it which added more flavor.  I've never purchased canned chicken....and don't ever plan to.....yuck!  This thing is HEAVY on the dairy and calories!  I used light sour cream, and reduced sodium cream of mushroom and cream of chicken to make it just a tad bit healthier.


This is what we followed up with for dessert....


I got the recipe from Alli and Sons. I used frozen blueberries instead of peaches because that is what we had on hand.  I even made whipped cream from scratch because we are out of ice cream, and I had some heavy whipping cream left over from the Tiramisu I made last week.  These were SO easy and SO yummy!  There are just enough left over for breakfast this morning with a little fresh fruit, no whipped cream, and perhaps a slice of bacon (because Katie is the biggest bacon fan on the planet).

What have you been cooking?  I'm always looking for new recipes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!